Wednesday, October 22, 2008

FAQ: How Difficult To Create Batch Events For Leads

QUESTION: Specifically: I have established an eight step "campaign" process, whereby each targeted business will be the subject of eight sales communications (phone/fax/email), each of which is pre-scheduled to follow the previous contact a pre-defined number of days later. Each "contact" (call/email/fax) of the campaign is date calculated back to the first contact date (or campaign start date).

Can you tell me whether my sales campaign scheduling ("templating"?) can be "easily" incorporated into InBizness, either by myself, or by you as customization I will gladly pay for.

ANSWER: Well, as odd as it may sound, I decided to go ahead and add this feature in my upcoming release of InBizness 2.7. As I was adding the script, I wrote an article about the process for the FileMaker Scripting Explored blog. Here is a link to the article ... http://tinyurl.com/6emdvn

You can click on either image to view it better.


Here you can see the Leads layout and highlighting some of the key data that is brought over to the newly created events.

Here you can see the newly created and linked events.

No comments: