Sunday, December 27, 2009

Coming Soon InBizness Basic CRM - Yet Another FileMaker CRM Database

Lately, I’ve been creating new databases by harvesting a lot of code from my previous projects. Literally, I’m choosing the “New Database” command from under the File menu, tossing out the default table and pasting in pieces from my other projects. I tend to design with “recycle” in mind but I’m surprising myself these days. This is an InBizness CRM database but has a few different twists to it.

MORE EMPHASIS ON THE ACTIVITY AND ACTIVITY GROUPS
I introduced the Activity Group with InBizness Real Estate but this version is a bit different. First off, an activity group can be assigned to many different modules including Companies, Products, Invoices, Purchases and Staff.

PREFERRED PRODUCTS / PRICES FOR COMPANY RECORDS
Added in an option where you can setup default products (with default pricing) for a company and then quickly invoice from there.

INVOICE BACKORDER LOGIC
The invoice module has a backorder logic where you can create a new invoice based upon what was not shipped from a previous one.

CONSOLIDATED LINE ITEMS TABLE
Not a biggie but I always have a separate table for invoices and purchase orders. In this database, they are combined.

FILEMAKER 10 FEATURES
Lots of small script trigger features including a quicksearch, quick date range and pull down menu field navigation.

No comments: