Monday, January 4, 2010

FAQ: InBizness In Peer To Peer Setting

QUESTION:
I just found your web page and the Basic CRM solution might be something for my 2/3 persons company.

Am I correct in assuming that I can run the file on a peer-to-peer network (I have 1 FMP 10 and 1 FMP 9) and that I would have full access to the source code ?

ANSWER:

There is some specific FileMaker 10 code in the database, so I would recommend having all the machines running FileMaker 10. FileMaker has some great upgrade prices for you, so I would recommend checking that out.

It should do just dandy on a peer - to - peer network because it is a classic FileMaker file. So any of the limitations FileMaker has in peer - to - peer it would have. Any of the conditions that FileMaker recommends for FileMaker Server (like backups / lots of records / etc...) would apply to this product as well. Yes, it is sold open for modification, so you can edit the source code to meet your needs. In fact, that is what it is really designed for ... customization! T

No comments: